how to dress like minimalist
Have you heard of minimalism? It’s all the rage amongst the kids.
Minimalism is a Scandinavian-inspired “less is more” style of life. You often see this concept inside Swedish homes where impeccable straight lines, a simple colour scheme and almost no clutter is common practice.
Sweden isn’t a particularly inexpensive country to live in. So, as it relates to fashion, the Swedes have adopted a habit of simply rotating classic clothes in different combinations to minimise the number of pieces they own, while still maintaining a contemporary look.
If you’re interested in cultivating a more minimalist style sensibility the following tips will get you started:
1. Trade in the jeans for trousers -- boyfriend and mom jeans are the exceptions
2. Keep the jewellery and watches clean and dainty
3. Think about the shapes …
4. Think long about cardis and coats
5. Mix the office casual with athleisure
6. Ditch the bodycons for comfy, loose-fitting pieces
7. Steal … or “borrow” pieces from your hubby, boyfriend or guy friend
8. Be basic … in a good way. Limit your wardrobe colour palette to natural, neutral hues
9. Speaking of basics, let them be your new bestie
10. Layer... nuff said.
What do you think of our tips? Do you have a favourite? Did we miss any minimalist fashion tips you think your fellow haute girl should know? Tell us in the comments.